U.S. Renal Care is looking for a Home Therapy Registered Nurse for our home therapy program. The Home Therapy Registered Nurse provides home dialysis therapies to patients in chronic renal failure. The Home Therapy Registered Nurse, as qualified by federal and state regulations, provides patient training and ongoing support for all patients choosing a home dialysis modality.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure clinic and patient supply inventory and usage is appropriate for patient prescriptions and place orders in timely manner to avoid fees and penalties.
- Complete and document monthly review of patient medication profiles. Administer medications as ordered by the physician. Provide patient education and follow up as needed.
Assist with program s target goals for patient outcomes in accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and regulations, including health care professionals practice act requirements as they pertain to home dialysis program and patient care requirements.
- Train patient (and/or care partner) in the practice of self-care Peritoneal Dialysis or Hemodialysis upon meeting federal and state regulations governing Registered Nurse qualifications.
- Conduct home visits to assess the patient s home environment per policy; initially and minimally annually thereafter.
- Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency operational procedures.
- Responsible for performing on call nursing services, nights and weekends, on a rotational basis as needed or assigned.
- Maintain a positive/collaborative working relationship with physicians, state agencies and the community.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service and continuing education offerings in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Current RN license in applicable state. License must be maintained as current and in good standing.
- 12 months or more current nursing experience preferred; 3 months or more home modality experience preferred.
- Previous experience in providing nursing care to patients on maintenance dialysis preferred.
- CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- Must successfully complete the Home Therapy Nurse Orientation program and maintain annual demonstration of skills and competency applicable for the modality assigned.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, ccu, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse, psychiatric, surgery, surgical, tcu